Pacifica Group is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all employees, contractors, partners and customers. To this end, this statement sets out steps that the Group is taking in order to tackle the COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreak, alongside expectations that are placed upon its workforce. It is to be noted that as the outbreak evolves this statement will be updated to reflect the most up to date advice from the UK Government, the World Health Organisation and Public Health England.
Current Prevention Measures
All of our employees are fully updated on the current requirements and are undertaking stringent health and safety measures to ensure that the highest possible hygiene standards are maintained throughout every aspect of our daily work – particularly for our engineers visiting customers.
Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020
We confirm we fully comply with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
All Employee Advice and Action:
Distribution of antibacterial hand wipes and hand gel to every employee in the Group (both office based and field engineers). In addition, all field engineers will be issued with special gloves which restrict the virus.
Our engineers are required to undertake a dynamic risk assessment before entering each property and go through a hygiene procedure before entering any customers home. Engineers are also required to reaffirm with customers that the situation hasn’t changed from when the call was booked.
Updated instructions for handwashing displayed throughout our premises and the use of all cups, mugs or glasses has been restricted until the virus clears, these have been replaced with sustainable disposable receptacles.
Employees are instructed to follow guidelines from the World Health Organisation on infection control, both whilst at work and in their daily lives. This includes:
- frequently cleaning their hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- when coughing and sneezing, covering mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue, throwing this tissue away immediately and washing their hands.
- avoiding close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
- self isolate if symptoms present themselves.
Field Engineer Additional Advice
- reaffirm with customers if they are experiencing symptoms since booking the job
- do not enter the premises of any customer who reports symptoms or is in self isolation
- clean hands before and after every repair
- keep contact with the customer to a minimum
- ask customers to occupy an alternative room whilst working in their premises
- do not accept any drinks from customers
- clean hand tools on a regular basis
- report any instance of customer experiencing symptoms to line manager
The business receives regular updates every two days to relay to staff the latest guidance and developments relating to the management of outbreak.
We have ceased all international travel for employees.
Employees who have been on holiday and have returned from infected zones in the world or are displaying symptoms are automatically instructed to self-isolate for 14 days and will not be allowed back into the business until they are clear of any symptoms.
Our contact centre staff are also asking customers a series of precautionary questions:
- Have you recently visited Italy, China, South Korea, or any other country which has experienced a large outbreak of COVID-19?
- Have you been feeling unwell lately or practising self-isolation?
If the customer answers in the affirmative to any of the questions, then our engineers will not visit the customers property. Customers are asked to call back after 14 days once they are clear of any symptoms or have been tested to confirm no presence of the virus.
The business has reviewed and updated our Disaster Recovery Plan and have measures in place to enable our contact centre team and management teams to work from home.
We have also invoked our Workplace Recovery Centre. This enables us to relocate a proportion of our workforce if our head office is subject to a requirement for Deep Cleaning processes.
From week commencing 16th March 2020 we will be instructing a proportion of head office staff to work from home in advance of any escalation of restriction imposed by the UK government.
Restrictions are now in place for all business meetings, with the switch to conference calls wherever possible. If a face to face meeting is to take place all parties have to confirm that none of the participants are demonstrating systems or there are no cases of self-isolation in their organisation before the meeting can proceed.
This Coronavirus Notice and Policy applies to Pacifica Group Limited (PGL) Company Number 05541667 and its subsidiary companies as follows; UK Warranty Ltd (Company Number 07728040), Pacifica Appliance Services Ltd (Company Number 05288361) and Pacifica Home Services Ltd (Company Number 04966472). Each Company has its Registered office address at: Pacifica House, Venter Building, 3 Mandarin Road, Rainton Bridge Business Park, Houghton Le Spring. County Durham. DH4 5RA.